Communication That Connects
Overall Topic: Helping students develop better communication skills as they lead and minister to others.
Distinctive Element: Communication That Connects is a downloadable, ready-to-use, lesson on a specific leadership principle. Download includes a facilitator’s guide (Word and PDF) complete with instructions, time frames, extra notes, and activities as well as a reproducible student handout (Word and PDF).
Students who want to grow in their leadership skills must have the ability to communicate in a way that connects with others. But what does that look like? In this lesson, your students will look at a few examples of leaders who know how to communicate with those they are leading, as well as practice their own communication and listening skills.
In this lesson, students will:
- Study the biblical examples of the disciples as they lead in the early church through a period of intense growth and ministry.
- Take a look at how marketing gurus used excellent communication skills to galvanize Texans into action.
- Practice the listening and awareness skills needed to become a leader who communicates well.
Everything you need is included:
- Downloadable Facilitator Guide (Word and PDF)
- Downloadable Student Handout (Word and PDF)
- Biblical examples
- Debrief and discussion questions
- Experiential activity
- Practical Life Application