Leaders Care for Their Team
Overall Topic: Helping students show that they value their team members.
Distinctive Element: Leaders Care for Their Team is a downloadable, ready-to-use, lesson on a specific leadership principle. Download includes a facilitator’s guide (Word and PDF) complete with instructions, time frames, extra notes, and activities as well as a reproducible student handout (Word and PDF).
Often, leadership is characterized as a solitary role. One person, making decisions without the input or perspective that teamwork brings. In this lesson, students will learn how great leaders show that they value each team-member, even if it means stepping out of familiar places. Students will see how an early-church disciple, Barnabas, took the time to stop and show that he truly valued people, even when his to-do list outweighed his time.
In this lesson, students will:
- Study the biblical example of Barnabas who showed good leadership by valuing both the mission and the people on the mission.
- Take a look at how an average family went above and beyond in caring for and encouraging others.
- Discover how a successful team leader gathers and listens to input from their team.
Everything you need is included:
- Downloadable Facilitator Guide (Word and PDF)
- Downloadable Student Handout (Word and PDF)
- Biblical examples
- Debrief and discussion questions
- Experiential activity
- Practical Life Application