Leaders Give Away Power
Overall Topic: Leaders know when to give away control and share their leadership with others.
Distinctive Element: Leaders Give Away Power is a downloadable, ready to use, lesson on a specific leadership principle. Download includes a facilitator’s guide (Word and PDF) complete with instructions, time frames, extra notes, and activities as well as a reproducible student handout (Word and PDF).
When students step into leadership, it can be tempting for them to hold tightly to their newly-found influence. Sometimes this can turn into students who try and do everything themselves because they believe that this is good leadership. But time and time again, Scripture gives us examples of people giving away leadership and raising up new leaders. Use this lesson to help your students evaluate their leadership and see areas where they need to move from being a leader who does it all to being a leader that empowers others.
In this lesson, students will:
- Study the biblical example of Moses as a leader who knew when and how to give away his power
- Experience the value of sharing leadership through an interactive team building initiative
- Build a strong foundation for growing as a leader who knows when to give away power
Everything you need is included:
- Lesson objectives
- Facilitator notes
- Student handouts
- Biblical examples
- Debrief and discussion questions
- Interactive team building activity
- “Go Deeper” options