Leaders Know Their Mission: Student Leadership Training
Overall Topic: Helping students discover and lead from a God-given mission.
Distinctive Element: Leaders Know Their Mission is a downloadable, ready to use, lesson on a specific leadership principle. Download includes a facilitator’s guide (Word and PDF) complete with instructions, time frames, extra notes, and activities as well as a reproducible student handout (Word and PDF).
As Christ-followers, we are on the mission road, following Jesus as closely as we can. But what does that look like in leadership? How do we lead others with this mission in mind, and how do we make it personal? In this lesson, students will learn how to lead by example, practice finding their own life mission, and learn how to help others find and lean into living out their own life mission.
In this lesson, students will:
- Study the biblical example of King Josiah, a young leader who had a mission to lead a country back to God.
- Take a look at Gary Haugen’s life mission and leadership lived out through IJM.
- Work through a Mission Finder assessment.
Everything you need is included:
- Downloadable Facilitator Guide (Word and PDF)
- Downloadable Student Handout (Word and PDF)
- Biblical examples
- Debrief and discussion questions
- Experiential activity
- Practical Life Application