The Black Letters of Jesus – One Year Curriculum
One-year curriculum focusing on the actions of Christ.
52 completely downloadable and easy-to-use lessons. Includes parent guides, media and graphics, and experiential activities.
Why The Black Letters of Jesus?
A lot of studies focus on Jesus’ words—the red letters of Scripture. But what would it look like if we focused on his actions—the black letters? The Black Letters of Jesus is a yearlong curriculum (52 lessons) based on what Jesus did while he was here on earth. Some themes may be familiar and some will allow students to see Jesus in a new way. These are lessons drawn from the life of the one who became flesh and lived among his creation.
* Included with your purchase of a HERO Membership
Scope and Sequence
Save when you bundle The Black Letters of Jesus and a HERO Membership
Unlock key features inside of The Black Letters of Jesus with your HERO Membership.
- Access HERO’s exclusive Student Discipleship Tracker inside of Youth Ministry Apps
- Train your volunteers with over 18 unique video training sessions in the HERO Training Zone
- Share lessons with your teachers and small group leaders using HERO’s Online Teacher Management System
Deep Discipleship Curriculum
The Black Letters of Jesus is a Deep Discipleship Curriculum. Deep Discipleship is a Multi-Year Strategic Curriculum to grow deep faith. Every Deep Discipleship Curriculum focuses on the core of the gospel, using the gospel thread: the 8 Roots of Deep Discipleship. Throughout each year of Deep Discipleship content, you’ll teach and reinforce these core truths of the gospel and avoid graduating students with critical gaps in their knowledge of the faith.
The 8 Roots of Deep Discipleship
- Rescue—What is God’s core plan for salvation? Why do we need to be saved, and what are we saved to?
- Knowledge—Who is this God we serve? What is he like, and what is his opinion of us?
- Kingdom—What does a life of discipleship look like? How is it different from the way the world operates?
- Outreach—What is God’s purpose for us as disciples? What responsibility do we have with the lost and the least of this world?
- Apologetics—How do disciples communicate God’s truth in a world that hates him? How do our stories fit into God’s grand story?
- Worship—How do disciples interact with God once they start following him? How does his majesty influence everything we do, not just our Sunday mornings?
- Community—What does it mean to be a part of God’s family? What does it look like to trade in an “I, me” mentality for an “us, we” attitude?
- Identity—At the most basic level, who are we as human beings, children of God, and disciples of Christ? How does our new identity in Christ change the way we see the world?
Looking to learn more? Read our Statement of Faith.