13 Motivational Student Leadership Quotes
Leaders are not born, they are made. This is the kind of thing our students need to hear. That no matter where they are at in their leadership journey, they have the potential to be a great and godly leader. They may not believe you at first, but once they realize that they have what it takes – well that kind of leadership changes everything.
Here are 13 quotes about student leadership to motivate your students and your ministry.
Student Leadership Quotes:
- Leadership is not about top down decisions, but it’s about caring for people and their dreams.
2. As leaders, we’re not always going to do things right. We’re going to make mistakes. We’re even going to make decisions that lead to failures. We need to learn from those mistakes and continue to take risks.
3. No on else in the world has the same strengths you do because God created all of us individually.
4. Titles don’t make you a leader, impact does.
5. If your situation – be it your family, your team, your church, or your friends – required a leader, would you step up and be one?
6. In leadership, staying connected to God is key. If we lose our connection, we lose our foundation.
7. We can either use our strengths or abuse our strengths as leaders; the choice is ours.
8. Great leaders develop other great leaders rather than complete great projects.
9. Courageous leaders learn to live a consistent life of constant devotion to God in all circumstances.
10. Great leaders care for their followers.
11. You were created by God, hard wired with talents and personality traits that are unique to just you.
12. When we fail to challenge our teams, we fail to get the best out of our teams.
13. In leadership, tasks and relationships are tied together…The concern for the task must equal the concern for relationships. If imbalance is present, your mission will eventually fail.
Looking for more student leadership quotes?
Look no further.
Check out these, and many other, great student leadership resources at LeaderTreks.org/store/section/student-leadership
About the Author
Doug Franklin is the president of LeaderTreks, an innovative leadership development organization focusing on students and youth workers. Doug and his wife, Angie, live in West Chicago, Illinois. They don’t have any kids, but they have 2 dogs that think they are children. Diesel and Penelope are Weimaraners who never leave their side. Doug grew up in… Read More