The Core – One Year Curriculum
Year-long curriculum designed to teach eight core principles of discipleship.
76 completely downloadable and easy-to-use lessons. Includes parent guides, media and graphics and experiential activities.
Why The Core?
The Core is a year-long, fully downloadable curriculum designed to help students grow deep roots of faith. It’s an easy-to-use resource that teaches eight core principles of discipleship through Bible study lessons. Each lesson builds on the last to keep discipleship at the center of your student ministry. Week after week you will teach solid Biblical truth paired with engaging experiences that encourage students to exercise their growing faith.
* Included with your purchase of a HERO Membership
Scope and Sequence
Deep Discipleship Curriculum
The Core is a Deep Discipleship Curriculum. Deep Discipleship is a Multi-Year Strategic Curriculum to grow deep faith. Every Deep Discipleship Curriculum focuses on the core of the gospel, using the gospel thread: the 8 Roots of Deep Discipleship. Throughout each year of Deep Discipleship content, you’ll teach and reinforce these core truths of the gospel and avoid graduating students with critical gaps in their knowledge of the faith.
The 8 Roots of Deep Discipleship
- Rescue—What is God’s core plan for salvation? Why do we need to be saved, and what are we saved to?
- Knowledge—Who is this God we serve? What is he like, and what is his opinion of us?
- Kingdom—What does a life of discipleship look like? How is it different from the way the world operates?
- Outreach—What is God’s purpose for us as disciples? What responsibility do we have with the lost and the least of this world?
- Apologetics—How do disciples communicate God’s truth in a world that hates him? How do our stories fit into God’s grand story?
- Worship—How do disciples interact with God once they start following him? How does his majesty influence everything we do, not just our Sunday mornings?
- Community—What does it mean to be a part of God’s family? What does it look like to trade in an “I, me” mentality for an “us, we” attitude?
- Identity—At the most basic level, who are we as human beings, children of God, and disciples of Christ? How does our new identity in Christ change the way we see the world?
Looking to learn more? Read our Statement of Faith.