digital marketing manager
LeaderTreks is seeking a high-energy, Marketing Manager with Christian ministry experience. This individual will have oversight for LeaderTreks digital marketing campaigns. They must be willing to work in a collaborative environment and have an understanding of the Christian youth ministry market.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field required
- 3+ years’ experience in digital marketing and advertising
- Knowledge and experience in graphic design
- Excellent grasp of social media and website metrics and best practices
- Demonstrable experience with email marketing, lead generation and SEO
- Youth Ministry experience
Things that would impress us
- Currently involved in your church youth ministry
- A Google AdWords certification
- Graphic design experience in the Adobe Suite and Canva
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Some experience in coding
- Personally, active in social media
- Familiar with Active Campaign
The Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for creating media and organizing campaigns to present the LeaderTreks brand to the marketplace through the following:
- Email marketing
- Inbound marketing
- Website Traffic
- SEO Rankings
- Social Media
- Direct Mail
- Google Ads
- Facebook Ads
- Preparing weekly/monthly reports and making recommendations for optimization
This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and project management skills.
First and foremost, we love Jesus and his church. Our mission at LeaderTreks Youth Ministry is to develop leaders to fulfill the Great Commission. We do this by supporting church youth workers and providing intentional curriculum and experiences that grow students as disciples and develop them as leaders.
LeaderTreks Youth Ministry uses trips, innovative training, and curriculum to create laboratories where students can learn, face challenges, and be transformed. Laboratories allow students to experience truth as well as hear truth, so they can grow into their potential. This is why our curriculum provides experiential learning activities. This is also why we use challenge on all our trips to help students catch a glimpse of their personal potential and start down the road of using that potential. Our goal is not to just make students happy—we want to see them grow as followers of Christ.
Our organization’s culture is based on our shared values, which include purpose, innovation though creativity, excellence and adventure. We’re not just talking good office coffee, adventure days and free company lunches. Our unique culture is developed through character, attitudes and behaviors all to create the kind of place everyone wants to work in. We are not a family; we are a team that shares a mission.
We are a collaborative work environment where good ideas come from everyone. We want to grow and have fun doing it. We promote work/life balance and encourage constant learning by offering training, optional mentorship, and a trajectory for career advancement.
We also believe in sharing rewards and have a company wide profit-sharing plan that everyone can take part in.
We were founded in 1994 as a 501(c)(3) non-profit.