Intersections – One Year Curriculum
One-year curriculum that challenges students to move past simply knowing the Word to living God’s story.
52 completely downloadable and easy-to-use lessons. Includes parent guides, media and graphics and experiential activities.
It’s so easy to go through our day just checking boxes. We’ve forgotten that we’ve been invited to join an epic story—an adventure that unfolds as the Bible confronts our lives. Intersections is a year-long curriculum (52 lessons) that challenges students to move past simply knowing the Word to living God’s story.
Throughout Intersections, students will revisit familiar themes with the perspective of Scripture’s big picture—from God’s creation of the world, to what went wrong, to his plan to save it. They will also grow to understand their calling as citizens of Heaven living on Earth. Stepping into God’s epic story will bring them to many crossroads between God’s invitation and the world. When those moments come, help them choose.
* Included with your purchase of a HERO Membership
Scope and Sequence:
Deep Discipleship Curriculum
Intersections is a Deep Discipleship Curriculum. Deep Discipleship is a Multi-Year Strategic Curriculum to grow deep faith. Every Deep Discipleship Curriculum focuses on the core of the gospel, using the gospel thread: the 8 Roots of Deep Discipleship. Throughout each year of Deep Discipleship content, you’ll teach and reinforce these core truths of the gospel and avoid graduating students with critical gaps in their knowledge of the faith.
The 8 Roots of Deep Discipleship
- Rescue—What is God’s core plan for salvation? Why do we need to be saved, and what are we saved to?
- Knowledge—Who is this God we serve? What is he like, and what is his opinion of us?
- Kingdom—What does a life of discipleship look like? How is it different from the way the world operates?
- Outreach—What is God’s purpose for us as disciples? What responsibility do we have with the lost and the least of this world?
- Apologetics—How do disciples communicate God’s truth in a world that hates him? How do our stories fit into God’s grand story?
- Worship—How do disciples interact with God once they start following him? How does his majesty influence everything we do, not just our Sunday mornings?
- Community—What does it mean to be a part of God’s family? What does it look like to trade in an “I, me” mentality for an “us, we” attitude?
- Identity—At the most basic level, who are we as human beings, children of God, and disciples of Christ? How does our new identity in Christ change the way we see the world?
Looking to learn more? Read our Statement of Faith.