Pursuit – One-Year Curriculum – Pre-Sale
Coming June 2020
Help Students Move Beyond Routine to a Deeper Relationship with Jesus Christ
52 completely downloadable and easy-to-use lessons. Includes Annual Ministry Blueprint, Volunteer Training, Parent Resources, and Media.
Students don’t think they need God!
God has become a “back-pocket” God for many students—like a Get-Out-of-Jail-Free card, they stuff God in their back pocket until they need him. Their faith isn’t a relationship; it’s a convenience, a routine. Even though he’s not their top priority, God is still in pursuit of them. Pursuit is a year-long curriculum (52 lessons) based on the 8 Roots of Deep Discipleship that will help your students move beyond routine into relationship with God. Relationships aren’t one-sided, and it’s no different in our relationship with God. He promises that if we draw near to him, he will draw near to us (James 4:8). And that’s how we grow in spiritual maturity—by pursuing God, trusting his pursuit of us, and knowing him more.
* Included with your purchase of a HERO Membership
Deep Discipleship Curriculum
Pursuit is a Deep Discipleship Curriculum. Deep Discipleship is a Multi-Year Strategic Curriculum to grow deep faith. Every Deep Discipleship Curriculum focuses on the core of the gospel, using the gospel thread: the 8 Roots of Deep Discipleship. Throughout each year of Deep Discipleship content, you’ll teach and reinforce these core truths of the gospel and avoid graduating students with critical gaps in their knowledge of the faith.
The 8 Roots of Deep Discipleship
- Rescue—What is God’s core plan for salvation? Why do we need to be saved, and what are we saved to?
- Knowledge—Who is this God we serve? What is he like, and what is his opinion of us?
- Kingdom—What does a life of discipleship look like? How is it different from the way the world operates?
- Outreach—What is God’s purpose for us as disciples? What responsibility do we have with the lost and the least of this world?
- Apologetics—How do disciples communicate God’s truth in a world that hates him? How do our stories fit into God’s grand story?
- Worship—How do disciples interact with God once they start following him? How does his majesty influence everything we do, not just our Sunday mornings?
- Community—What does it mean to be a part of God’s family? What does it look like to trade in an “I, me” mentality for an “us, we” attitude?
- Identity—At the most basic level, who are we as human beings, children of God, and disciples of Christ? How does our new identity in Christ change the way we see the world?
Looking to learn more? Read our Statement of Faith.