Leading from the Inside Out
Student Leadership Training
Overall Topic: Helping students develop into leaders whose actions flow from renewed hearts.
Distinctive Element: Leading from the Inside Out is a downloadable, ready-to-use, lesson on a specific leadership principle. Download includes a facilitator’s guide (Word and PDF) complete with instructions, time frames, extra notes, and activities as well as a reproducible student handout (Word and PDF).
While studying the story of David being anointed as King, students will learn God’s criteria of a great leader. And through learning about counterfeit money and an activity deciphering which one is the “real deal,” students will identify how to lead from the inside out and have the heart of a leader.
In this lesson, students will:
- Discover God’s criteria for a great leader by studying the story of David being anointed as King.
- Look at about how counterfeit money devalues actual money while discussing the traits of counterfeit leaders.
- Attempt to guess the “real deal” in a blind taste test.
Everything you need is included:
- Downloadable Facilitator Guide (Word and PDF)
- Downloadable Student Handout (Word and PDF)
- Biblical examples
- Debrief and discussion questions
- Experiential activity
- Practical Life Application