I am here at Refuel in the Rockies with a great group of youth pastors talking about strengthening their leadership. Here are a few of the highlights of what we are discussing:
▪ Your ministry’s capacity is capped by your leadership
▪ By growing your leadership you can grow your ministry
▪ Mimicking someone else’s leadership style will NEVER work
▪ God has placed you in your ministry and given you everything you need to lead the ministry.
▪ Core Value discovery assessment
▪ How do you lead your ministries through your core values?
These discussion have been deep and personal. Many of the youth pastors here have lots of experience so they have been jumping in and adding to the discussion and sharing their experiences. The encouragement has been fun to watch as youth workers care for one another.
I will write more tomorrow about the topics we are focusing on.
About the Author
Doug Franklin is the president of LeaderTreks, an innovative leadership development organization focusing on students and youth workers. Doug and his wife, Angie, live in West Chicago, Illinois. They don’t have any kids, but they have 2 dogs that think they are children. Diesel and Penelope are Weimaraners who never leave their side. Doug grew up in… Read More