Leaders are Dependable
Student Leadership Training
Overall Topic: Helping students grow into dependable leaders.
Distinctive Element: Leaders are Dependable is a downloadable, ready-to-use, lesson on a specific leadership principle. Download includes a facilitator’s guide (Word and PDF) complete with instructions, time frames, extra notes, and activities as well as a reproducible student handout (Word and PDF).
Dependability is one of the core character traits that we are called to as Christ-followers. Developing good stewardship of our God-given time and talents is a key element to growing into a dependable leader.
In this lesson, students will:
- Study how Paul’s exhortation to be good stewards in 1 Corinthians relates to dependable leadership.
- Look at how rock-climbers depend on their gear to begin a discussion about who may be depending on us.
- Identify the characteristics that make someone dependable through an imaginative scenario.
Everything you need is included:
- Downloadable Facilitator Guide (Word and PDF)
- Downloadable Student Handout (Word and PDF)
- Biblical examples
- Debrief and discussion questions
- Experiential activity
- Practical Life Application