Leaders Know Who They Are Leading
Student Leadership Training
Overall Topic: Leaders are intentional about getting to know the people who are following them.
Distinctive Element: Leaders Know Who They Are Leading is a downloadable, ready to use lesson on a specific leadership principle. Download includes a facilitator’s guide (WORD and PDF) complete with instructions, time frames, extra notes, and activities as well as a reproducible student handout (WORD and PDF).
To be a great leader, we can’t just forge ahead on our own. Leaders need to know and be aware of who is coming along behind them in order to lead them well. A shepherd needs to know what will motivate the sheep to come when he calls. A teacher needs to know how to best encourage her students to learn and interact with the subject. As our example, Jesus shows us that he knows each of us by name and leads us by knowing us in a deeply personal way.
In this lesson, students will:
- Study the biblical example of Jesus as a leader who called and knew his followers
- Learn the importance of getting to know others through an interactive team building initiative
- Build a strong foundation for growing as a leader who knows who they are leading
Everything you need is included:
- Lesson objectives
- Facilitator notes
- Student handouts
- Biblical examples
- Debrief and discussion questions
- Interactive team building activity
- “Go Deeper” options