Leaders Respond to God
Student Leadership Training
Overall Topic: Helping students understand that God’s call on their lives requires a ready response.
Distinctive Element: Leaders Respond to God is a downloadable, ready-to-use, lesson on a specific leadership principle. Download includes a facilitator’s guide (Word and PDF) complete with instructions, time frames, extra notes, and activities as well as a reproducible student handout (Word and PDF).
Our world is saturated with an endless stream of stimulants that demand that we respond in one way or another. With all the noise going on in our world, it can be so easy to shrug off yet another call that deserves a response: God’s call. This lesson is about helping your students understand that God’s call on our lives to follow and obey him is not just another frequency in the middle of the buzz of everyday life. It is something worth all our attention and dedication.
In this lesson, students will:
- Study the prophet Elisha’s all-in response to God’s call.
- Look at first responders to see the importance of being ready to act when God calls.
- Discover how a successful team leader prioritizes hearing from and responding to God.
Everything you need is included:
- Downloadable Facilitator Guide (Word and PDF)
- Downloadable Student Handout (Word and PDF)
- Biblical examples
- Debrief and discussion questions
- Experiential activity
- Practical Life Application