I Am New – Student Journal
40-Day Student Discipleship Journal
Equip students to live out the 8 essential habits of every believer
Use this resource for At-Home Ministry
I Am New is a great journal for students to grow as a follower of Christ—even during quarantine. Each week of devotions will walk students through 8 characteristics and actions that every believer should live out. Students will learn Bible Study Methods to help them study the Bible on their own. They’ll be inspired by daily challenges and hard questions. It includes the Essential Habits Assessment designed specifically for students, and two resources especially made for anyone just starting to follow Jesus: Prayer Methods to Practice and The Bible 101 Bible Reading Plan.
At the end of each week, you’ll find a set of questions for mentors. Invite parents to use this resource to disciple their students at home, or equip your small group leaders with a ready-made set of discussion questions.
I Am New is a 40-Day Student Discipleship Journal designed to teach students 8 essential habits of every believer.
All it takes to start following Jesus is simple faith. And once you become a follower of Jesus, you immediately know exactly how to live in this new way, right?
Wrong. Following Jesus and living for him isn’t always easy. It takes practice and patience to learn how to live as a Christ-follower. Every believer learns to develop ways of living that will help you mature in your faith, make you more like Jesus, and grow a deeper relationship with God. You don’t have to try to figure all this out on your own. Following Jesus is full of constant learning and growing. The good news is that Jesus is the best Guide and Friend, who is always right there with you, helping you as you grow more like him.
Use I Am New with an individual student or walk through this resource with a small group of students. Weekly Mentor questions are provided to help you debrief what your students are learning.
Each week you’ll find:
- Several days of Bible Studies (using Bible Study Methods)
- Thought-provoking experiences
- Hard Questions
- Marks of a Disciple (Life Application)
The 8 Essential Habits of Every Believer:
- Receiving Grace: Accepting God’s good gifts
- Relying on the Bible: Trusting in God’s Word
- Obeying God: Following what God says
- Praying with Faith: Communicating with God
- Worshiping Wholeheartedly: Putting God in his proper place
- Connecting with Other Believers: Recognizing the importance of community
- Serving God and Others: Humbling ourselves in service
- Sharing about God: Telling others about the Gospel
- Essential Habits Assessment
- Prayer Methods to Practice
- The Bible 101 Bible Reading Plan
- Mentor/Parent Pages
Help your students move past the starting line of faith.
I Am New is part of the “I Am” Series Bundle, a great set of resources designed to guide students deeper in their walks with Jesus.
Bulk Pricing: $9.95 for 25 or more.
In stock (can be backordered)
Download Sample >>