Two Student Leadership Bestsellers
Resources to start your students in leadership and keep them growing
Give your students a strong start in leadership with Student Leaders Start Here. Then continue to encourage their growth using I Am a Leader.
This bundle includes:
- 1 Copy of Student Leaders Start Here
- 1 Copy of I Am a Leader
Student Leaders Start Here is a practical, interactive workbook, designed to help you develop student leaders in your ministry. It uses three core leadership principles and five assessments to help students get a healthy start in student leadership.
Give this book to the individual student who is ready for leadership or use it in your student leadership team and small groups when you follow the bonus pages for small group facilitators. Student Leaders Start Here will help you create a Leadership Profile for each student leader in your ministry.
(For additional resources for youth workers developing leaders, check out the Leadership Pathway.)
3 Core Leadership Principles:
- Leadership Design: A student’s leadership foundation should be built on who they are. Every student will lead differently based on how they were created and how they have been specifically gifted by God. When students know their leadership wiring they are empowered to serve others through their unique strengths.
- Balancing Act: We all know a great visionary who has acted inappropriately. We also know the leader who wants everything done right but can’t execute the vision. The key here is balance. Student leaders must learn how to execute skills but also be someone of godly character.
- Mission First – People Always: God has given us a mission and the mission is people. Students generally value one over the other, thus neglecting the one they do not value. But in leadership, tasks and relationships are tied together. Great student leaders understand this and work hard to care for people, while still reaching goals.
5 Leadership Assessments:
- Leadership Type Assessment
- Spiritual Gifts Assessment
- Leadership Skills Test
- Character Trait Assessment
- Leadership Style Assessment
The process of leadership development is different for each person but the three principles in this workbook are foundational to getting the right start.
I Am a Leader is a 40-Day Student Discipleship Journal designed to teach students 8 essential traits and skills of leadership.
Leadership isn’t a personality trait that students magically get—it doesn’t happen overnight. Leadership is learned, tried, and experienced; and this book is designed to guide your students through that very process. In its pages, your students will be challenged to discover their God-given abilities and God-given mission. As they learn about essential traits and skills of leadership, they will be equipped to be servant-leaders who goes beyond personal preference to pursuing God’s purpose.
I Am a Leader is a great resource for new student leaders and growing student leaders. Invite new student leaders to learn what godly leadership looks like, and challenge growing student leaders to apply these essential principles to their lives and their leadership.
Use I Am a Leader with an individual student or walk through this resource with a small group of students. Weekly Mentor questions are provided to help you debrief what your students are learning.
Each week you’ll find:
- Several days of Bible Studies (using Bible Study Methods)
- Thought-provoking experiences
- Hard Questions
- Marks of a Disciple (Life Application)
The 8 Essential Skills and Traits:
- Leadership Is…: Defining what it is and who we are
- Humility: Understanding our place in God’s story
- Confidence: Owning our gifts and God’s mission
- Vision: Discovering God’s plan for our leadership
- Risk-Taking: Living and leading with daily courage
- Influence: Directing others to God with our lives
- Grit: Digging deep to see God’s purposes done
- Mentoring: Finding a guide to show the way
- Leadership Type Assessment
- Team Roles Assessment
- Mentor Pages