Student Leadership Bundle
A Leader Guide and a Student Guide to Leadership Development
Start developing leaders in your ministry
The Student Leadership Bundle includes:
Student Leaders Start Here works great alongside The Leadership Pathway. Student Leaders Start Here functions as your Student Guide, while The Leadership Pathway serves as the corresponding Leader Guide. Specifically, you’ll find that the assessments in Student Leaders Start Here allow you to contribute details to the profile described in Step 2 – Discover in The Leadership Pathway.
Student Leaders Start Here is a practical, interactive workbook, designed to help you develop student leaders in your ministry. It uses three core leadership principles and five assessments to help students get a healthy start in student leadership.
Give this book to the individual student who is growing in leadership or use it in your student leadership team and small groups when you follow the bonus pages for small group facilitators. Student Leaders Start Here will help you create a Leadership Profile for each student leader in your ministry.
3 Core Leadership Principles:
- Leadership Design: A student’s leadership foundation should be built on who they are. Every student will lead differently based on how they were created and how they have been specifically gifted by God. When students know their leadership wiring they are empowered to serve others through their unique strengths.
- Balancing Act: We all know a great visionary who has acted inappropriately. We also know the leader who wants everything done right but can’t execute the vision. The key here is balance. Student leaders must learn how to execute skills but also be someone of godly character.
- Mission First – People Always: God has given us a mission and the mission is people. Students generally value one over the other, thus neglecting the one they do not value. But in leadership, tasks and relationships are tied together. Great student leaders understand this and work hard to care for people, while still reaching goals.
5 Leadership Assessments:
- Leadership Type Assessment
- Spiritual Gifts Assessment
- Leadership Skills Test
- Character Trait Assessment
- Leadership Style Assessment
The process of leadership development is different for each person but the three principles in this workbook are foundational to getting the right start.
The Leadership Pathway is a tool designed to help you answer the question, “How do I develop leaders in my ministry?” It teaches a simple, practical, and straightforward approach to leadership development that can help you train and equip student leaders and even adult volunteers.
Consider The Leadership Pathway as your road map for leadership development. It’s intended to guide your steps, giving you insights on how to start the process of leadership development and what to do next.
You should purchase The Leadership Pathway for each student or volunteer you wish to develop. You’ll use The Leadership Pathway to identify a leader’s potential, set goals for their growth, and track their progress.
The Leadership Pathway five-step process includes:
HERO Members can download the digital PDF for free. Become a HERO today.